Wednesday 1 July 2009

update 30th June
















Hey it’s Lauren and Shana writing the blog for today. We’ve had a good past two days!!! Yesterday was our first rest day and also Rebecca’s birthday, so Happy Birthday Rebecca : D everyone had a lie in which we were all most appreciative of haha. Matt and Riza went off with Mr. Pinard on a lil drive exploring the other side of the island called Delice. When they eventually came back we all went to St. Aimee’s for a lovely lunch. Some of us tried goat for the first time. After it was off to the botanical gardens for games of rounders and cricket. It was fun to just relax in the sunshine. Emily and Matt came back earlier however and made a lemon and chocolate cake for Rebecca. Once dinner had finally gone down some of us decided to take a walk to the internet café again but, when we arrived it was closed so instead we continued along the bay front to a ‘Fish Festival’. It was a weird experience for all of us because there were just so many people crowded in the small streets. But everyone was having a good time so we eventually just went with the flow. So quite a quiet day but was good just to kick back and relax.

Shana and Matt got married and divorced today. Lauren and Miguel however are still going strong haha

Bite updates- Lauren and Annie are still in the lead with over 40+ bites and still getting bitten L BUT… we have so new front runners also!!! Shana, Andy, Emily, Sehrish and Ashley are all now getting some good bites too :D

Lots of people are also now starting to tan WOOP!!! Ashley is still quite burnt though and currently looking like Rudolph.


Monday 29th June – today we were welcomed by the President of Dominica State College Mr. Charles and the senior management team. We were then shown around the College campus – their common room is a gazebo overlooking the sea! After that it was off to Youth Quake to start painting the outside of the building. Unfortunately, we’ve painted it the same colour as before so you can’t always tell which bits we’ve missed. However, we are back there tomorrow so Andy can do a quality control check. It was very HOT and SWEATY work!

Personal notes

Shana: hey everyone I hope you all fine, I’m having the time of my life here, it’s brilliant but I do miss home, I wish you guys were here with me. I miss the babies a lot so I can’t wait to see you. Love you all xxx mwah xxx

Ashley: Hey everyone, been a fun weekend cept for the massive big hike… me and shana found it tooooo easy of course… Been bitten loads now and burnt, otherwise its all gurd. Hope everyone is okay, and tell Nana I hope she had a great holiday when she’s back. Love you all, xxx

Lauren: hey hey peeps. ‘Tis me once again. Well what can I say really, actually having the time of my life it’s been a truly amazing experience so far and still got 2 weeks left haha. Just want to say a massive well done to Maya and all of yr 1 for winning the J Factor woop woop. Im giving her a great big huggle :D missing you all loads and loads and loads :D speak soon. Love muchly x x x x

Emily : Hey I keep coming on facebook as we seem to be going to the bar at night which has internet access :] , Ill keep in touch , missing home and cant wait to get back , Lovr you xxxxx

Rebecca: Heyy, missing you all so much, I had a well good birthday everyone wrote on a big banner for me and made me a birthday cake, cried a few times though, just typical of me. Tanning only a little bit getting annoyed now though lol. Love you all talk soon xxxx

Riza
Hey people today was hard for me because I had a bit of infect in my foot and had to go hospital but thank god am ok now which is good woops and I just want to say it is really getting to me now because I really miss my family so much and my girl friend who I love so much and I miss her so much and am so happy that am keeping in touch and just want to say that ITS GOD DAM HOT and the flies keep ringing in my ear when am sleeping which is not good but o well and want to say that iam loving the food.
I LOVE YOU LEANNE MISS YOU BABE XXXXXXX



Sehrish: Peekaboooooo!!!!! Hehe oh my days, was a really hot day today and worked well painting at the youth quake. I have got a million bites now, and I’m missing you mum because you would always chase me with some medicine, but here there’s no one to chase me here lol hope you and dad had a great birthday, and my gorgeous brother and sisters hope your all good and having a great time too. You have no idea how much I miss you all. Was a long day yesterday because we all went on a hike, and I’m so proud of myself because I was the first one to make it there!!!!! dad you would love the scenery and the beautiful nature here…x
Can’t wait to b
e back! Love you all my gorgeous people!!!!!!!! X x X

Hay guys I’ve started good to the second week been painting today at a youth centre been really hot and still loving it out here. Missing u loads and ill facebook u soon love Mat xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are all having the time of your life. Hope them memory cards are full in camaras when you come back home. We all miss you so much Bec your mates too. Keep enjoying it and dont overload your paint brush lol all our love and best wishes mum and dad xx

    ReplyDelete