Tuesday 7 July 2009

HEY!

It’s Emily and Ashley. I feel like I haven’t blogged in a while so here I am haha :]

Thursday 3rd July:

Today we woke up as per usual but there was a twist. A camera crew was outside to do an interview with us for the Dominican news. The girls were running around frantic to look good haha. We also took a photo of the mosquito bites to show our mummy’s and daddy’s how much pain we are in :[

After waiting 2 hours for a bus we went to see a local entrepreneur named Frankie. He was given funds off the government to start his own business when he was 18. Since then he has: opened a café/bar, started a business selling handmade souvenirs and has even met the queen of England haha.

We then had the lunch his mum had made us which was fried chicken, dolphin, salad, fried plantain and fresh juice. It was so delicious :D

After that we headed to a banana farm to find out how it all worked and stuff. The farm we went to supplied all their bananas to Tesco! But they get paid next to nothing which we were all shocked about.

We all got to taste a coco bean that we make chocolate from, we couldn’t eat the chocolate part but we were allowed to suck on the “sweet outside”. IT WAS VILE, SOUR AND SLIMEY! It was like sucking on a fish’s eye :[

Then we went to the Emerald pool which is a natural waterfall pool. It is the most photographed pool in Dominica and most tourists choose to visit it when they come on a cruise. It was FREEZING! Matt and Ashley were first to jump into the icy pool which clearly stated “no diving permitted” haha. Rebels :D. It was so beautiful, like a scene from a movie.

Then we all came back exhausted, had tea and went to bed after the long day.


Friday 4th July:

This morning was an early one as Riza had to visit the health centre for his infected veruca and everyone had to be up for breakfast.

We got back to the centre and everyone was ready to go so we grabbed our stuff and loaded onto the busses. Dominican students included. We were off to visit the Carib territory, the indigenous tribe of the Caribbean. We all did some weaving and made our own place mats using reeds:], we were all so proud hahaha.

Then we went to a museum sort of thing that showed how the Caribs used to live hundreds of years ago and that was pretty cool:] . We all bought some woven handmade crafts from them as souvenirs and then we headed off back to the centre.

Greeted by a party under a gazebo which was for the brownies which normally meet in the centre we are currently staying in:] .

Lauren, Barbara and Rebecca are currently cooking tea which smells delicious, tomato rice, Wedges, beans, macaroni and cheese and salad. A big selection! Haha

Right we are going to go and eat as there’s nothing else to say other than we are meeting up with the Dominican students later tonight for a social gathering and that the Home visits are tomorrow!! We will probably all give a details account of our personal home visits next time we blog but for now its bye bye :]

Personal Notes:

Emily: Mum! Haha, I’m doing well but can’t wait to get home, I even had a little cry yesterday haha, how sad is that! Bring on Saturday when I begin my flights home :] , I’ll try to ring you on Sunday/Monday. I’ll ring Tim on his birthday, how good of a sister am I? Haha ringing from Dominica :D , Love and miss you all including my specials Kerri and Co :] xxxxxx

Shana: hey everyone, I’m really starting to miss home a lot now, never been away from you guys that long at all, I always think of you guys everyday. Can’t wait to see you guys soon, love you all loads mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sehrish: lolz!!! Hehe it’s been a good day today! And a busy one!!!! I’ve got a lot of bites now and they really do itch like hell!!! The days here are going so quick and we have a lot to do and see in such a short time. I am going to be giving an interview on the Dominican news tonight at 8! Hehe wuhooooooooo! ;). Im missing everyone sooo much!
I have to be going now because I have to go to a prom and do henna patterns on peeps, Annie’s coming along too..bye x take care! Love you and sweet dreams! X

Riza: Hey people it been awesome these past couple of days been nice and hot and found loads of different things about farming and how bananas are made which was good usually I don’t say a lot of things but I just want to say that I am having a ace time and I want to say that I missing my girl friend very much and my family are ringing me which is good because I know there ok and before I go I WANT TO SAY I LOVE YOU LEANNE: d cant wait to see you woooooooo :D bring on the FINALL WEEK :d private joke pufffffff cigarette I LOVE YOU XXXXX

Rebecca: Heeyyy, omg I am having so much fun, mum your e-mail on facebook made me cry again, lol im really starting to miss home, I want a warm shower :( but it is soo amazing out here, dad would love it for just taking photos. Going on my home visit tomorrow with Miss Popo she is soo nice and funny, can’t wait actually. Love you all x I hope my phone and laptop are safe lol. Cya in a week :D!!!!

Lauren: well well well… im typing this now just before we’re about to go partaaayyyy on the bay front :D seriously how cool and chilled out can it get lolz. This past week has gone so damn quick I want it to slow down a bit haha. If I could bottle all these experiences I would so I could share them with all you guys at home. Mum I miss you loads beautiful, I need a big hug and from Maya tooo. And abbiiieee, need a good gossip :P, like I keep telling all im bringing you out here soon as so you can see it all for yourselves. Just want to say hi to ed centre at rovers tooo, hope you’re reading :D But apart from that having THEE MOST AWESOME TIME!!!!!!!! Love muchly, hugs and kisses x x x x x x

Matt: Hay guys it’s been another great day, been to the Carib tribe village, amazing people, place and views going out tonight to chill out with my friends and missing u loads love u xxxxx

Ashley: Heyheyy, these mosi’s need to die! Good talking to you last night mum, my time ran out that’s why I went sorry. I hope everyone is okay and having fun in good old England, 1 week left till im back! Love&Miss you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment