Monday 29 June 2009

Latest update Mon 29th June

Hey!!

Just an update on the past two days June 25th & 26th. It’s Rebecca, Riza, Ashley & Emily writing this today everyone else is either showering or cooking tea!

June 25th

Started off the day with showers and breakfast, the usual bread and cereal. Then later in the morning the youth club was doing cooking lessons and arts and crafts so we all joined in. Rebecca and Shana helped Mrs Williams make traditional Caribbean food… yes Shana actually cooked! Everyone else spent time making beaded necklaces and bracelets, Riza was getting annoyed because he couldn’t thread the beads lol.

Then later on in the day we went on a boat called the floating classroom, to be educated on the marine life and how it’s affected by pollution. We got to see a fleet of dolphins and a sperm whale which was amazing. Barbara wasn’t sick on a boat for once (neither was Becky to everyone’s surprise after the plane incident). The boat crew was so nice to let us on as guests and even gave us some food at the end.

Later on that night was relaxed but everyone’s getting bored of playing go fish (renamed go whale with Matts amazing finger actions) Riza’s game is too complicated for us lol.

The weather is still hot but it rained (hallelujah!)

Never thought 11 brits would be so happy to see rain.

No tans but still lots of sunburn (minus Becky still grrrr)

Lauren vs. Annie Is still on going for bug bites, Annie counted 40 bites this morning, still no update on Lauren. Everyone else is still getting tiny midge bites.

June 26th

This morning woke up did normal routine then headed off into Roseau town to buy paints for the Alpha Centre. Then we walked up a big fat hill in the HOT HOT weather until we reached the Alpha Centre. We split into teams half of us painted the centre and half worked with the kids. Riza met up with his friend Tyrone again and taught him how to chat up a girl!! Everyone later on stood up and started dancing, we love Caribbean music it’s funky.

Serish was drawing henna on the kitchen cupboard doors and Emily left with more paint on her than the walls. Then we headed down to a local café and had bakes, fried chicken, chips and MASSIVE cold drinks.

Later on we caught a bus (16 seater mini van) to Champagne beach. A full pebbled beach is not good on your feet just wanted some good old sand (made us miss Blackpool, who would have ever thought). Some of us tried snorkeling and found it amazing - so many different types of fish just swimming around us.

Came back and now we are writing this blog. Has been a long day and can’t wait for food.

Riza tanned and everyone else burned! With Ashley coming off worst with factor 50.

Update on Lauren vs. Annie, Annie has 40+ bites with some she cannot count, and Lauren is hitting the 30 mark. Still got 2 more weeks though.




June 27th: Emily here.

Woke up at 7am to get ready for a hike, had breakfast and showered. Some students (Emily, Serish, Matt) went into town before the hike to do some shopping.

We got a bus to a national park then hiked to the Boeri Lake with the students from Dominica College. It was a 45 min walk up steep hills through dense jungle. Some people slipped but only a few falls. The lake was beautiful and Matt, Riza and Annie jumped into the lake and had a swim. Riza said the water was 0 degrees. I doubt it haha, not in the Caribbean.

After walking back (tired and wet from the rain) via the Freshwater Lake we went to a spa to check out the natural boiling springs in the ground. Planning a trip there for treatments soon :] .

Got back and had food, Rebecca and Ashley and myself can cook great pasta :D !

Hoping to have a good night with the students, but we have to find a way of getting Riza to shut up about Leanne, Leanne this, Leanne that, we all have headaches hahaha.

Nothing much else to report so yeah.

The bites are totaling for everyone and they’re super itchy. Annie and Lauren have over 100+ when added together.

Everyone has burned or tanned now so lets hope all us pasty people can change colour!

I think that’s all so speak to you soon :]


Personal Notes

Rebecca: miss you all, I burnt for the first time today with factor 50 lol. Going to buy another phone card tomorrow so I will ring you on Sunday. Love you xxxx

Lauren: hey hey people!!! It’s meeee. Sorry can’t get on facebook or owt but just having too much of a fun time :D haha. Nah seriously I’m missing you all espesh you mum, morning routine is out of the window lolz and abbie woop I’m getting a tan nah nah!!! Having an AMAZING time though much love x x x

Riza: Hey I just want to say that I miss my family so much and I love you guys I also want to say a little speech to my beautiful girl friend who am missing so much and I don’t get to see her on our 5 month anniversary because I am here and I love her so much and I miss you as soon as I get time babe, I will Phone you or email you I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY XXXXX I LOVE YOU

Emily: Hey hey just a quick hello as I’ve been emailing all the special ones :] hope your all doing well, I got to see a whale so I’m super super happy :] Can’t wait to get back, Love and miss you all xxxxx

Ashley: Having a good time, seeing things here is amazing. Got sunburn which isn’t good but missing everyone at home. I hope my room isn’t spotless &occupied! Seeya all soon, xxx love&miss you all.

Matthew: Hay guys sorry haven’t spoke to you for ages I’ve been having a hell of time and miss you all very much. I feel this trip has helped me in so many ways due to I feel like my old self. The reason being I have changed into my old self but also feel that this experience is going to have a positive effect in the future and thanks mum for great birthday also send my love to all family also wish Georgia the best for her leavers assembly xx.
Miss you guys and see you soon xxxxxx

Barbara: Message to all PE staff. RR is still in one piece …. Just :)

Shana: hey everyone, I’m ok don’t worry about me I’m having an amazing time here but missing you all at the same time, I can’t wait to see you guys at home especially my babies!!! Oh and dad lol, love you all mwah xxx

Sehrish: had a fantastic day working with children and at the beach! Was fantastic, missing home though, missing you all just sooo much, can’t wait to see everyone when I’m back! Yep I know...Missing you all already lol...Hehe...Bye x tc x love you allllllll looooadddzz!!!!!! X x X

2 comments:

  1. emily???? emily who ha ha...ita really hot here i even got a tan i bet i browner than you nah nah.
    missing you lots its like i lost my best friend<(
    been on facebook every nite ill at least 12.30 but you not been on.
    hope your all having a fab time you sure look like you are.only 11 days to go
    love ya from all back home x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you enjoyed your home stays,were you all polite and lovely to your hosts?!!! Lauren you're in serious trouble if you weren't the perfect guest!lol. Enjoy your last few days in paradise, wish I was experiencing it too.Love you Lauren, lots.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete